#life #experience #me
I do not write long articles or tell stories infact, this has taken me almost a month to put together but some of my friends have encouraged me to share my thoughts and be a little more expressive on my blog, so yeah!
In my short stay on earth, i have been through a lot. Most of which are normal life challenges, some circumstantial and others careless. I’ll be sharing lessons that i have learnt.
Oh well, here I am!
1. Be Respectful: No matter how highly placed you are, never disrespect anybody. You do not know who is who and where you might find yourself tomorrow.
2. Listen more than you speak: Somebody once said that your ears will never deceive you. Yup! I totally agree.
3. Just do it!: First of all, i am not a nike ambassador 😆. I have the tendency to overthink every single thing. I have come to realise that the faster i just do it, (instead of overthinking) the better for me and everybody involved. I have learnt to spend less time worrying and spend more time taking steps.
4. Be you: I am an advocate for doing whatever you want and just expressing yourself. Eventually, people will accept and love you for who you are. You do not need to please everybody, you are not candy😂
5. Complement others: You make another person smile. You make them feel good.
6. Be nice: The world is already a difficult place. Don’t add your own to it.
7. Love yourself: Love yourself and accept yourself for who you are.
8. Forgive yourself: You will make mistakes, learn from them and move on.
9. Take care of yourself . Personal hygiene is key. I don’t joke with my mental health. I take time to rest and have ” me” time especially after a stressful week. I take breaks off social media when i need to. I treat myself to my favourite chocolate or i get my nails done when i deserve it. Your mental health is important, guard it jealously.
10. Learn how to ask for help: I know that i am not an island of knowledge and i need help sometimes especially when i cannot possibly do it all by myself. I find it difficult to ask for help because i like acting all tough and macho (the hardgirl syndrome) but everything becomes better and lighter when i get help. So, relax and allow others to help you.
11. Seize every opportunity: Many opportunities present only once in a lifetime.
12. Keep an open mind: My cousin told me that the best way to get the best out of life is to keep an open mind and a positive attitude in the process.
13. Good friends exist: We are in a world where we have all been hurt by one friend or othe other. Me inclusive . I have learnt not to allow that hurt push the next friendly face away. I have made good friends and i know good friends exist
14. Celebrate small wins: Celebrate achievements no matter how little they are.
15. People change : People change, people either become better or worse and that is okay. I learnt this in the sadddest way imaginable (story for another day). I have learnt to accept people in whatever shade or colour they show (good or bad)
16. Contentment: I do not have everything i want and i definitely do not have everything i crave but i have everything i need and i am comfortable. I have learnt to be okay with that and be just fine.
17. Honesty: Telling the truth has never been easy especially if you’ll get into trouble for it. I got to a certain point in my life (especially when nobody can beat me) that i realised i will not die if i just own up to the truth. So yeah, honesty is a key principle.
18. Don’t kill yourself trying to manipulate what you cannot change: There are so many events that you can do absolutely nothing about, just leave it and let it play out on its own.
19. Own up to your shit: I know when i mess up and it is easy to put the blame on somebody else (very sweet) and let them take the fall for it but I have learnt that i can only grow and become better when i take responsibility for my actions, reap the consequences and do better next time. Don’t push blame around, own up to it and work on them.
20. The best way to get anything done quickly is to do it by yourself: Asking for help and allowing others to help is good but doing it by yourself is best.
21. Never forget to include God: God is the Ultimate and He takes priority in everything i do. Everything will fall in place and become simpler when you include God.
Thank you for reading😙😙😙
See you in the comment section😚